Memorial Day is a time to honor our fallen heroes, and this quick and easy wreath is a festive way to do just that and brighten your front door.
- 24” wet foam wreath. Any shape is fine, but we wanted to add a different flare and used an oval wreath.
- Floral clippers and scissors
- Your choice of ribbon color
- 3 small USA flags
- California grown red Roses
- California grown blue Delphinium
- California grown Baby’s Breath
- California grown greenery
After soaking your wreath, cut your roses approximately 1-2” below the bloom and insert in the wreath.
For our wreath we spaced out our roses evenly around the wreath and then added a cluster of roses opposite each other to add a point of visual interest.
Repeat the same process with the blue Delphinium.
Add your baby’s breath and greenery. *Helpful hint- Be sure to angle each piece so that it adds texture and dimension. This also helps cover the foam better so you use less flowers and save money. Also as an extra precaution use some spray glue for flowers to help keep the flowers firmly in place. The glue can be found online or at any floral supply store.
Add your flags, insert them into the foam in any design of your choice. We also added a festive red bow to our wreath.
Place your wreath on your front door and watch how many of your neighbors compliment you on your fresh California grown wreath!
Love. Flowers. Always.